Lost & Found Pets
We all know how stressful it can be when your pet goes missing or you find yourself with another person's pet at your door step. If you find yourself in this situation, here are some ideas to increase the chances of a happy reunion.
If you have lost your pet..
* If your pet is microchipped, ensure all details are up to date in the NZCAR in case they
are found. There is also a box on the page to flag the pet as missing and a free tool
to create posters.
* Social media has become one of the quickest way to track down a lost pet.
List your lost animal in the Facebook group 'Pets Lost & Found in Marlborough'. Click here
* For missing dogs, call Maata Waaka (Animal Control) on 03 5209033.
* Check www.lostpet.co.nz which is a great lost and found website within New Zealand.
All stray animals at the Marlborough SPCA will be listed on this site.
* Good old door knocking or passing around flyers in your neighbourhood is always useful.
* Contact Springlands Vet Centre on 03 5780661 and all other local vet clinics to check if your
pet has been brought in. Clinics will also keep a record of your missing pet's details in case
they get handed in at a later date.
* Trade Me is another good website to list your lost animal but has not been as utilised in recent years as it once was.
* You can also call More FM 5790393, and Classic Hits 5780129. They do 'Pet Patrols" twice a day and will broadcast the details of your missing pet
* Phone the Marlborough Express on 03 5208918 if you would like to advertise your lost pet (costs may apply)
* Sadly, pets that are found deceased on Marlborough roads are often picked up by HEB Construction. Phone them on
579 4253 for more details.
If you have found someone else's pet..
*Ensure the animal is not owned by asking around your neighbourhood first.
* If the animal is sick or injured phone the SPCA Marlborough branch on (03) 5729156. They will advise you as to what to do next.
* Social media has become one of the quickest way to track down a lost pet's owner.
List your found animal in the Facebook group 'Pets Lost & Found in Marlborough'. Click here
* For dogs, call Maata Waaka (Animal Control) on 03 5209033. They will pick the dog up and find the owner for you.
* For cats, call Springlands Vet Centre on 03 5780661 and all other local clinics so they can record the cats details on their Lost & Found register. We also recommend bringing any animal in to the clinic to check for microchips and ear tattoos.
* Phone the Marlborough Express on 03 5208918 and they will advertise found animals free of charge
Please contact us on 03 5780661 if you have any further questions